I run community classes around Art, craft, cooking and gardening and often finding one leads into the other. My methods employ experimental practices and learning through doing which is accessible for people with all ability levels and from any background.
- Breaking down perceived barriers surrounding arts and craft practices.
- Developing an array of positive, and productive educational opportunities.
- Educating across the age range using environmentally sustainable activities.
- Spreading awareness of home crafting techniques.
- Encouraging community sharing of inherited practices from differing ethnic backgrounds.
SUSTAINABLE ART CLASSES
DYEING WITH WASTE or WASTING TO DYE?
Please contact for more details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
People I have worked with:
The Make Escape – Community Classes in sustainable craft and knitting
Guidecentral – guide writing focusing on craft, up cycling, sewing, and cooking
Arcola Theatre – family art sessions focusing on sustainability and waste reduction
Jubilee, and Colvestone Primary schools Hackney – Construction of costume for Music performance, looking at the history, design and origin.
Rosemary Works Independent Primary Hackney – Egyptian & Space Themed classes constructing authentic costumes and looking at subject inspired design
Hackney Deaf Children’s Society – Arts, Crafts and play
WETRA Community Garden – Gardening, cooking, Arts and Crafts community classes
Cordwainers Grow – Healthy eating, gardening, natural dyeing community classes
RHS – Secret London Shows; natural dyeing workshop
Wiltons Way CIC – Community Classes in Arts, Craft and Cooking. Mainly working with BAMER women